Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #1
Economan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
THOR #9520
Angry Thor Hurricane 31S Cabinet under Bunk Came Down while Driving

On my Hurricane 31S like many other models there is a Cabinet across the front attached to the underside of the overhead bunk. This Cabinet fell down on top of us while driving. The screws that attached it pulled right out and on a busy highway we were wearing this trying to find somewhere to pull over. We had just a few small items in it such as maps etc so it was not over-weighted. After explaining this to Thor they are looking after me with a new cabinet installed and hopefully installed so it cannot come down again. I ADVISE anyone with this cabinet to constantly check it as ourselves or someone else could have been killed or seriously injured if I lost control of the Motorhome. The cabinet is only attached with screws going into what appears to be softwood backing. Fellow RV'rs please be aware of this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum