Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Generator help
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #9
Dreinig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #18561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Disconnect from shore power, then check the house batteries. Make sure the batteries are full of distilled water and the terminals are clean and connected. Make sure the use/store switch is in the use position.
Thank you. I have a feeling it is the batteries low on water. I am a little embarrassed to say I didn’t realize I had to consistently check the water levels on the house battery. It is my first RV and it was never mentioned to me when I picked it up from the dealership. It was right when COVID ramped up and was shutting everything down in May. I had been watching videos before I got the RV just to try and learn about it, but oddly enough the water in the batteries never came up - probably because most of the RV’ers on YouTube have the AGM batteries that don’t require maintenance like that

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum