Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 12:31 AM   #36
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by halhayden View Post
I’m back... thanks for the info you have all posted. The term “SUV” may not apply to a Tracker, but what I am looking for is a light weight vehicle that may have 4WD and reasonable clearance for mild back road adventures. Only 2 doors and 2 seats needed. We have a a 24 foot Four Winds and even though the turbo diesel provides nice torque, we do most of our traveling around the mountain West and since the climbs can be severe and lengthy, I want to avoid anything g too heavy.

So does that mean I want no more than a 2500 lb toad? I don't know. Maybe an older 2 door Jeep would work. Right now I’m towing a Honda Pioneer on a flatbed trailer with a total weight of about 2500 lb and it works fine. We’d like the option of a “regular vehicle” to tow but just don’t know about driving around the mountains pulling 4000 lbs. Any input appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Funny distinction considering you guys were kicking around FWD cars; and also used ones.

When you say “any”, does that refer to current models or previous years also? I’ve read that older ones with manual transmission were flat towable, but that could be wrong.
The OP clarified what he was looking for in post #21.

Subaru used to endorse 4 flat towing with some manual vehicles but hasn't for a couple of years. The failure to endorse flat towing is not retroactive to previously endorsed vehicles.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.