Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #7
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I stayed at an older campground near Gatlinburg years ago where the owner told us that fixing things that RVers damaged with their large rigs was a full time job. The park had been there since before a 30-foot motorhome was considered large.

There’s a reason most newer parks have pull through sites and few or no “tight turns”. In my opinion large is large whether Class A, Super C or trailer. Some brands may be a little better than others, but I expect overall size matters most.
I wonder what the comparison is to damage done by large gas rigs in campgrounds to that done in gas stations and retail parking lots?

I believe the biggest factors are the wheel cut, which both my prior F53 and the S2RV, now, are 55 degrees and the wheelbase. Given the same wheel cut the shorter the wheelbase the shorter the turning radius. I have noticed a difference between the two rigs but not so much in campgrounds but rather in the entry and exit from my driveway at home and then turning the coach around in my driveway. It's not an issue, I just noticed the difference.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.