Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 06:36 PM   #7
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbird View Post
Quick update fyi.

Talked to a service tech. He suspected either relay, E.C.O switch, or circuit board.

Pulled all the wires and checked all the voltages per the wiring diagram in the Atwood manual. Especially checked the ground as I suspected recent damp conditions may have corroded the ground to the control board.

After putting it all back together, it's working, but I'm not confident and am monitoring in the event that it cuts out again. Given that the tech and the troubleshooting guides all end up at "replace circuit board," and since others have said that's a common failure point, and the fact that are full time and really like hot showers, I decided to get a spare/replacement. Dealers want 200-250 for the part. Amazon sells them for 106. Offered a "local premium" to the dealers if they would come close (not match) but neither was interested. So have one on order from Amazon.

If I learn any more, will come back and post it.

Thanks!
Shouda got the Dinosaur board replacement.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum