Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 06:14 AM   #9
devnul@timmade.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedon Elite 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #20751
26HE Bypass Valeve

I checked out the Thor website but could not find a way to get into any manuals. I have a new, to me, 2018 26HE and cannot figure out how to winterize the RV. We are moving to AL shortly but getting minus 32 degree temps in the next few days. System is drained, as far as I can tell, but want to make sure nothing gets damaged. Temp on Friday night will go down to 25 and come back up to 43 on Satruday, then go back down on Saturday night to 32.
How does the bypass valve work and how do you use it to put anti-freeze into the system without filling the water heater? Can I run the furnace and keep the pipes warm or do they go under the RV and be exposed to cold air?
I have no manuals or experience on how to protect the water system so any assistance would be greatly apprieciated
Tim
p.s. We are just north of Boston, MA and looking forward to not seeing snow and cold weather.. :-)
Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum