Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 08:56 PM   #28
RiseADreadnaught

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Residency
State: Alabama
THOR #21054
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojet View Post
Hello, We purchased a 2018 Thor Windsport 34J back in April. Have put 9000 miles on it. Love it! We are prewired on our roof for solar panels. Has anyone installed panels....recommendations , installation instructions. min wattage. and where are the wires. I'm and aircraft mechanic so really a nobrainer but looking for some tips. And where to purchase panels. Thank you and Happy holidays.
Solar powered convoy happening?

I am renovating a 1995 Thor Residency but removing the propane/lp/"gas" oriented capabilities.

I am having 4× 400 watt solar panels by "Trina" ($210.00/ each: "santansolar" is "the seller" by the by); hooked up to 4× Giandel ($840.00/ each!) (Power Inverters 5000W/10000W 12V to 110 V-120 V 4.5M), and 12× Power-Sonic PS12550U 12V 55Ah Batteries ($150.00/ each!) since I want to be "off the grid" and not connected to various rv parks "version" of 50a for extended periods of time. I am new here (first "hello" is posted today!) but is solar powering an RV or its major systems a relatively new (last 25 to 30 years) trend?

It seemed like a logical thing to me but I am a US Army veteran and 100% disabled so I see things differently than the citizenry overall...

I found everything on Ebay.com by the by...

And I don't get anything for telling the [group] any of this stuff. I have been helping and protecting civilians since 1979 specifically...

Just the satisfaction of knowing that I can still contribute...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum