Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 05:25 AM   #6
RadioRanger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
In looking at the same issue. I have found that it is suggested to get a DC-DC Charger. AKA a Lithium Battery Isolation Manager. The lithium battery will take all the current it can and overload the alternator. So there will need to be a way to limit the amount of charge going to the battery from the alternator.

I can't claim to be an expert on this. It is something I came across that I have not seen a lot of talk about.

I think that same line from the alternator to the coach battery is used to supply the current for using the coach battery to start the engine if the bypass switch is selected (engine battery dead). I'm not sure how that current flows the other way in that case. Plus it would need to be more than what the current limit is. Hope that make sense.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.