Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: AC upgrade
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
wrapped

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Save your money,I removed the ac covers from the ceiling and used a flashlight to closely inspect for gaps on intake side and connections to ceiling duct runners and used foil tape to seal all gaps. Made a BIG difference . I also removed the vent covers at the last vents in front and rear ac runs ,they continue past the last vent and dump into front cap,same in the rear,so I used spray foam with the long straw and with a flashlight and vent cover off sprayed back and forth to build a wall to block off the rectangular duct just past each of the last vents front and rear,MUCH more air flow at those last vents,instead of air continuing past vents into front and rear caps foam acts like a dam and forces air out of last ducts HUGE difference . I did the same thing wit heat ducts in the floor .

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum