Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #48
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodag99 View Post
I have the same coach and this is probably my biggest fear with it. No issues yet, but I cross my fingers every time I move the slide.

To those that had warranty coverage in the same situation, what company was it through? Did you purchase through your dealer or add on later? I may consider getting one.

Perhaps you should practice the manual retract procedure sometime before you need it. I had a failure to retract on a large but not full wall slide and after about 30 minutes of hand wringing/panic I got to work figuring out what to do about it. Turned out to be a pretty simple process that I was able to do without assistance. I made sure I always carried the proper tools including a ladder and a slide lock and never worried about it again. If you are anxious about trying it perhaps you could have your dealer demonstrate it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.