Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor axis ride
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #13
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I do not believe there were any chassis changes until 2021. You have a steering damper, not a stabilizer. The former is just a small shock absorber, he latter adds a stout spring that helps keep the steering centered. Look at the Roadmaster Reflex to see the difference. The Safe T Plus has a similar spring but it is inside the housing. Either will work fine and makes a sizable difference. Many folks replace the roll bars with a thicker ones but I personally think simply adjusting the front and rear factory bars to the firmer settings (called the CHF) is just as effective and certainly easier and cheaper. I have never heard of anyone who has made that adjustments and later replaced the bars say it was worth it. You already have Bilstien shocks and while some people report vast improvements in ride comfort by replacing them I’m (personally) skeptical. The suspension is likely near it’s limit so the ride always is going to be pretty hard. But I’ve never tried it so certainly could be wrong. When I had my E450 based Class C I just did the CHF on both ends and added a steering stabilizer and after a few thousand miles of getting used to its truck-like nature I was perfectly happy. Same changes and satisfaction on my current F53 class A. Many folks don’t make any changes at all and never have any problems. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum