Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 03:39 AM   #69
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster210 View Post
Our macerator actually has a hose attachment on it. You basically plug a fresh water hose into it and run clean water into the pump for flushing. If you get everything drained flushing the hose is as simple as just letting the fresh water run for a few minutes after to clear the waste hose.
You have the Jet - Flow? That is what I purchased and expect to receive next week. It has the hose attachment as well.

That was the point I was making earlier with this statement.

In my case I would opt to bring the male side out of the house. Then choice to seal or let it all drain out. I would rather start rolling up the female side forcing all of the ther flushed fresh water to drain out in the lawn with any inert natural ingredients that may persist to fertilize the lawn or kill fire ants When wrapped on cart it will have a month or two to air dry before I use it again.

I was making statement as to whether or not I really needed a male end if I were to cut my hose ( which likely will do )

Yes I would rinse through macerator and even flush the toilet before taking the male end out of the house. But once outside versus sealing the male end when the female end, in my case I will wrap the female end on my hose cart reel and roll it up. As it rolls up the remaining fresh water with run into lawn. My cart has little hose end holder that will prop up the male end or in my case the cutoff end. It can get air or maybe even completely dry out before I use it again?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum