Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #20
lesg45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maine
THOR #19467
This past spring we bought a 2005 Hurricane 30F Class A with only 12,000 miles on the Ford F53 chassis/drivetrain. Only had 32 hours on the onan 4400 generator. I think we slightly overpaid for it as their was evidence of previous leaks on the slide out and under the drivers side window. Also the painted areas on the drivers side have faded and peeled due to improper storage. Not sure what I’m going to do about that as it would probably cost a small fortune to have a repair shop near us repaint the painted portions of the exterior. I’ll probably do it myself in spite of the fact that I haven’t held a spray gun in 15 years!

It rides and drives good. All the systems work as they should. Tows my 24 foot enclosed trailer and race car perfectly. We only used it twice this year, one trip to eastern New York and the other to New Hampshire and all went well.

I’ve already done a bit of repairs and upgrades. Removed the OEM dinette booths and replaced with regular chairs. Removed the jackknife sofa and replaced with a dual reclining loveseat. Removed the club chair and replaced with a euro style recliner. While all of the furniture was out removed all of the interior slide out paneling that showed signs of water damage and replaced with new paneling. Removed all of the pressboard trim and replaced with wood trim. Still have to repair the panel under the driver side window but that will be a spring project. Removed the old analog TV and replaced with a flat panel LED smart TV.

I shared all of this info to show that there are many things that you can do yourself to repair/upgrade your rig to suite your tastes and needs. Make sure you do all required maintenance and your new to you motor home will provide a lot of fun for you!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.