Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #80
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster210 View Post
If the complaints are that theyre popping the 20 amp fuse, switching to a 15 amp fuse is going to make the fuse problem worse. Its already drawing more power then the 20 amp can handle. The only way it would lessen the fuse popping is to put in a 30 with risk of hurting what its protecting. The fuse doesnt decide amperage. The fuse just limits the circuit to that amount of amperage.
I thought they were popping at 20 amps because the impeller was sticking / binding or something? So solution has been to use screwdriver to break free and loosen? For as infrequent as I will use, this is no big deal for me to do each time; especially since it is in the manual as precaution.

I do not own one yet (Next Tuesday) but I am thinking that I will squirt a little little liquid wrench in addition to turning with screwdriver? I am not saying this is going to be my solution, but it is an option to try. In my case it is low risk because I have resettable 12vdc breakers, I would rather trip the breaker like this if it does go over 15 amps versus purposely shorting the circuit?

FWIW, I would NEVER go with a larger rated fuse. That is not an option for me. I only would test dropping to 15 amps because I have reason to believe the RV breaker for circuit may be 15 amps? It is small chance the RV is 20 but unless I call Winnebago I cannot be sure. My wiring diagrams for Electrical does not clarify this open question.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum