Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #13
donblanco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #19181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlmatt View Post
I have a Thor Chateau 31W with a full wall slide. In its 3rd year the slide started binding in the rear - starts together, then the rear slows down for a few seconds, then catches up again after the front is fully extended. It continued to get worse until the slide would stop and get stuck. The last time required 2 men and a woman to push as my wife was on the switch to retract the slide. It is now at Camping World - they are replacing the slide mechanism - $1150 for the tracts and the motors plus $2000 labor. (6-8 weeks). The controller never showed any fault codes. The slide needs 4 motors and not just 2 as they have to work very hard to move this heavy slide.

2012 Four Winds 31L - sort of a 'sister' model to yours, different floor plan. But our slide is doing the exact same thing! Some times it works, some times not so much. What we have done as a temporary workaround is to have someone (usually me) go outside to the front end of the slide and as the slide starts coming out, push *in* on the front corner. I usually do it in short bursts until I see the back end get past whatever is slowing it down. We had initially tried to push *out* on the back end from inside the motorhome but that never worked.

Not sure if this is a 'sync' issue or if something is going out, or if maybe something is blocking the path of the back side...

Surely this would involve nothing more than maybe a new motor, right? I'm shocked that you would have CW replace *everything* at such a crazy cost...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.