Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
ez2jinx

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: South Dakota
THOR #4091
Answered my own question on holding tank heating on 45AT

Just to add:
The cold weather is coming and I would like to get this right so the tanks don't crack. If this feature is just as simple as a heating pad, then it should have a fuse some place, and I am not able to find such a fuse. If it is another heat exchanger... I only see the one towards the front of the coach, I don't see one on the back end or by the holding tanks. Would like to know if I need to keep the "burner" or ”electric" switch to on during the freezing weather.

I couldn’t get an answer through the Thor Custom Care. If the subject you’re looking for is not in the User’s Manual, you won’t get an answer. I wasn’t surprised with the non-answer.

Answered my own question: Today was a nice day to get under the Coach. There is a removable panel in front of the storage tanks. It became obvious this is part of the hydronic heating system with a heat exchanger attached to the ceiling daisy chained to the other heat exchangers within the loop. Servicing the heat exchanger would be through the wet bay and not through the removable panel. I saw no heating pads. So this answers my question… you must have the indoor switch to “burner” for this holding tank heating system to work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum