Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #96
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
My go to for most disinfection is and always has been peroxide

Bleach and the antimicrobials, (biocides and so on) all work and many work differently

Sessile bacteria are the most difficult to kill and often require a surfactant.

Bleach has always been the cheapest route and likely will remain so. The issues I have with bleach are the smell, corrosive, high pH, attacks red metals, hard on adhesives and many other potential problems

Bleach/chlorine kills layer by layer and free chlorine is much more biocidal than total or combined. there are some byproducts from the chlorine that are not the best for you as well

use it wisely and your good to go as many have for years

As far as the biocides go including many major ones marked for household use is they are organic chemicals that you really don't want in your drinking water or in your food

Careful use as directed and of course they are safe

for me simple is always nice and if it is affective then all the better so spending a bit more for the peroxide and using it for many purposes in the RV works for me
We actually have plenty of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide so I am desperate for legit uses. Way back when I was at a Wal Mart to buy Alcohol & Bleach and it was all gone !!! I looked over and they had plenty of Hydrogen Peroxide so I bought it all Well a lot anyway

But related point

Do you use the chlorine when sanitizing your fresh water system?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.