Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
JGallagher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 23U
State: North Carolina
THOR #18547
Another Inverter Question (or two)

I'd like to add an inverter to the Chateau just to run the TV, the occasional blender and ideally, a small heater.
My plan would be to wire it directly to the two house batteries under the stairs and then secure the inverter in the space behind the chair next to the entry door.
I'm not interested in connecting to the existing electric system as that greatly complicates things - for me. I'll just use an extension cord for now.

1. Any comments as to brands and sizes to consider or stay away from?
I am looking at this one: https://www.ampeak.com/ivufa2000.

and
2. How long would this inverter run a 1500 watt space heater before running down the batteries? Batteries are new this year and let's assume that they are fully charged to start.
Thank you.
James
Charlotte, NC
JGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum