Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarv View Post
Does anyone have any actual opinions on the best Serrano models? they seem to vary a bit by year.

I don’t have ownership experience, but recall well looking at one in Houston that we liked a lot because of its very large rear compartment — bike garage. That’s what we were mostly looking for.

I like the modern look, and the floor plan we considered had only one slide with couch and dinette — no kitchen or other moving parts to make a slide even worse.

Being a front engine diesel (FRED) it seemed quite loud even at idle. I didn’t take it for a drive.

The Workhorse chassis had gone out of business, so I was concerned about parts and service. I’m not sure if that’s justified but I like easy access to parts.

The diesel V8 under a different brand had issues, and I wasn’t able to confirm whether they were related or shared problems.

In the end we liked the appearance and loved the bike garage, plus the floor plan was very good for us, but the motorhome was much larger than we wanted, it had a slide (we prefer slideless) and was a diesel (we prefer gas).

Had it not been for the large size, I would have looked more into it. It also had a good price as I recall.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum