Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #25
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
My granddad was a man of wisdom...a simple farmer with life lessons as his teachings. He told me as a young boy that the 3 quickest ways to lose a friend are to discuss politics, discuss religion or loan them money.

My dad...a similar man of wisdoms told me not to use 2 words - always and never, they will get you in trouble.
We have the oddest parties here. 12 to 50 people, usually five gatherings a year and another five attended at other homes, but smaller, usually 7 to 15. Been doing this since 1999ish.
I've never heard any of them talking real politics or real religion or even about past education levels. I can't begin to know where or if any of them went to school. We have cardio vascular surgeon, judge, a couple of retired detectives, a spook or two, cfo, another cfo, ceo electrician, framer, haul truck driver, hotel maid, retired o5... $500,000 a month and $900 a month all at the same parties/movie. I'm not sure anyone has considered who's who at them.
Favors flow easily between us all.

I find it odd how some people can't interact without:
My episiotomy hurts
My God said to tell you
I'd have a job if the president/mayor wasn't a baboon

(we do get a bit of the butthurt 'doctor said' but it comes with the age of the group.)
And
Fairly, we'll all hold hands and say grace if someone so much as hints at it. Hard core folk on both sides of that aisle, yet never swung as a weapon....
We see it as a kind of
Mental hug
For someone maybe needing a mental hug enough....

There are so many other interesting things to talk about.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum