Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
Hello gang

So I was at a big off-road race in Parker, AZ last week. I decided to stay an extra night after the race ended. The wind got crazy. Probably 20 gust 35 and lots of sand blowing. Had to save the camp at 0100 cuz everything was blowing away.

K so... the whole rig shook all night. I was on levelers. The next morning, the big slide (2 track), would not close the last inch. I went into the Running Man station over to the truck side and deployed levelers, slides, and it closed, albiet slower than normal.

Is there a technique about wind limits? Looking for "been there done that" or was it just a one time thing? Can you bend your slide tracks in inclement weather?

Cheers

Thor 35sk
That is just a cooling breeze. If wind gets above 10 mph, we pull the patio awning in. If it gets above 20 mph, we pull both slide in. If it gust above 40 mph, we pull the jacks because the wide track of the tires makes the more stable. It is not uncommon to have 40 mph winds gusting to 50 mp during the day in the Spring on South Padre Island. It usually calms down at night enough to put the bedroom slide out. The Spring cold fronts are quite breezy in South Texas.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum