Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #15
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicephilhamilton@msn.com View Post
I purchased a 2020 Thor Hurricane 29M in October 2019 and after one weekend put it in storage. Then came the Covid 19 so that we finally managed to use the new RV locally around May/June. In September we were camping in the rain and noticed a lot of water in the passenger side floor...enough to wring out a beach towel. We placed a pan under the leak and a 12X12 pan collected an inch more of water. We called the Thor help line and they said they made record of the leak for warranty purposes and that if I couldn't get it to a dealer by the end of the warranty they would cover the leak. And so we dropped it off at Camping World in Chattanooga. We received a call that there was $60 to repair the leak and $1600 in damages as the leak had probably been there for a long time but finally made its way into the cabin. They also informed me that Thor refused the claim. I called the Thor consumer line and was told that leaks were only warranted for 90 days and was the customers full responsibility. I explained the fact that the unit hadn't been driven for the 90 days after delivery due to the virus and further that I had been told it was covered. Finally I argued that the damage had to have occurred over a period of time and that it took a while to work its way into the cabin. The customer care rep simply said I couldn't prove it and they would not cover the cost even though it could have been a mistake even at the factory level. I guess I have no one to appeal to at Thor but believe this is very poor customer service given all the circumstances

Unhappy with Thor
I would be upset too and you should let Tom Overman in C.S. know how wrong this is. I have ALWAYS gotten good service with Thor but I am the Master at letting others have my way. They should absolutely cover this and I would contact your state Attorney Generals office and file a grievance or even consult a local attorney!!!! DO NOT QUIT ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.