Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 01:13 AM   #13
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Water Leaks in Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike’sMoneyPit 35SB View Post
Hi,

I’ve owned my 35SB 17/2018 for about a week and half. After one rain parked outside I moved the couch up a slight grade and heard a tremendous water rushing sound then massive amounts of water poured out of the truck cab roof. Through the lights and sunglasses holder and out both A post grab handles then out the rear of the Ford roof overhead. After reading some of these posts it seems I have the leak. Is this something a shop repairs or can a person do it?

It would indeed seem to be a leak! You did check for open windows or roof vents....? If there was a massive amount of water after one rain it should not be terribly difficult locate the source. Usually we find ourselves trying to track down tiny little things! Water is ALWAYS bad news as it can result in structural damage and mold in a very short time. I would waste no time getting up on the roof on my hands and knees looking for cracked or missing sealant around seams, lights, vents etc. Also check the sidewalls in the front. If you are not confident that you have located the problem make haste to get it to a competent RV repair shop. They do this sort of thing all the time. Water in the Ford roof is unusual so study carefully where it might be from. If you’ve only had your unit for a week and a half you need to be sure he leak hasn’t been happening for a longer time with the previous owner. If it has you might have a significant amount of repair to deal with. If you find a suspected leak dry it well and seal it with self leveling lap sealant on he roof or urethane sealant on a vertical surface. Resist all temptation to use silicone. Do it quickly. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.