Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #14
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike’sMoneyPit 35SB View Post
Hi,

I’ve owned my 35SB 17/2018 for about a week and half. After one rain parked outside I moved the couch up a slight grade and heard a tremendous water rushing sound then massive amounts of water poured out of the truck cab roof. Through the lights and sunglasses holder and out both A post grab handles then out the rear of the Ford roof overhead. After reading some of these posts it seems I have the leak. Is this something a shop repairs or can a person do it?
I have my 2020 Magnitude SV34 Super C having a structural issue addressed with the front cap / cab-over.

This seems to be a common problem with the Super C's. The tech I was working with apparently works on this issue a lot. He said the real issue is a the screws they use to to attach the front cap to the cab and the house box are too small and over-tightened and stripped.

My wife was on Facebook yesterday and saw a Magnitude that look just like our with the molding bowed and screws broken where the front cap attaches to the house box. It is clear this is a failure point dating back to the older Super C's.

As you drive and level the coach, the flexing will start to break screws and over tightened screws start to fall out. I didn't have any water leaks with mine yet but once the screws have begun to fail there will be enough movement that the seal on the cab roof will be compromised. As you drive in rain, the water will driven under the front cap and start to leak in around the roof of the cab. I can just about guarantee that is what happened to you.

I am still waiting for them to finish some other work before I get my coach back to see what they have done but they told me it took a full day to fix.

I just e-mailed Thor to find out what they did to repair my issue because the post my wife found said someone from Thor went to the dealer and installed reinforcement plates on each side of the front cap where it mounts. They also have to repaint the coach in that area. If it only took a day to fix, I doubt they installed the reinforcement because that would have meant painting it too.

If they only installed larger screws, I am sure the issue will happen again the way the cab-ver bounces when driving and from the torque on the body when leveling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.