Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
terencgb1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #15798
Moving the Mirror controls

In preparation for rebuilding the drivers side console with better and more cup holders and some storage, I moved the mirror controls to the dashboard. It was an easy hack to do as all the wires were long enough and it took about an hour. The benefits of this were that I no longer have electric controls where I was spilling coffee and as they are controls that I rarely use (heated mirror and mirror directional control) having them close but not 'at my finger tips' was fine. I moved both controls to the instrument cluster housing. (Mirror control is lower right and heated mirror switch upper right). This didn't require removal of the cluster housing as you can reach underneath and there is plenty of clearance behind. I applied painters tap to the instrument cluster housing, marked out where I wanted the switches and with a small step drill, a utility knife and and a rat tail file cut the holes for the switches. The job was pretty quick and easy. I also added a dual USB power outlet to the drivers side. Ill be posting the driver side console rebuild later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Electrics.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	27049  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum