Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemiller View Post
I had a tech that was going to work on my unit tell me the full size refrigerator does not run on the inverter. He said it was not large enouph. I know the battery's will not last very long by them selves.
Then how are you to keep fridge cold while driving? If your refrigerator is a residential unit that requires 110-Volt 60-Hz AC power, then it needs to run off inverter. And an 1800-watt inverter should be plenty large enough provided you don't have other loads on it at same time. If someone here with more experience can't help you, I'd get a second/different opinion.

By the way, the fridge may run longer than a couple of hours on battery power if they are good. To know what to expect you'd have to look at refrigerator specs to see how much power it consumes. That and your batteries' capacity.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.