Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: ATS failure
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #1
ptylerp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Florida
THOR #20476
ATS failure

Seems like we have an interesting Auto Transfer Switch problem.

History:
1. New 2020 Challenger 37FH delivered in Sept 2020. Plugged into 50 amp service at house until Sept 30. Traveled and used three different 50 amp service connections on way to Ohio. In Ohio at 5 AM we lost shore power in RV. Breaker on shore power not tripped but I opened and closed it anyway. Power came on in RV until I tried to start fireplace. Lost power and once again cycled shore power breaker on post. Power came back on in RV until I once again tried to start fireplace. Third time we lost power it would not come back when I cycled the shore power breaker. Thor overnighted a new ATS and we installed it. Worked great for 10 days.

2. Roughly 10 days and three different 50 amp services the unit once again reacted the same as before except rather than starting the fireplace it was starting a Keurig coffee maker.

Now for the mystery:

Took it to the dealer for repairs. Dealer just plugged the unit in at their shop and he has 120 volt shore power through the ATS.

And the question is:

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with an ATS and shore power.

Challenger 37FH
Buick encore or Chevrolet Equinox - Toad
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum