Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 04:04 AM   #70
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
...After leaving Blackbear campground in NY on Fri 6/12 and traveling to PA, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois we are now in Missouri! Arrived yesterday so 4 days and 1300 miles so much fun!! We will stay here (Long Shoal Campground COE) till Thursday and then its off to Clear Lake Iowa for a couple of days probably go to the memorial at the crash site “The day the Music died” and then its off to South Dakota and the Badlands, Wall Drug, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower and Custer State park. Then.....don’t know yet? Maybe North Dakota and Teddy Rosevelt NP or Montana and Glacier NP. Wherever we wander too I’m sure its going to be pretty cool!

A few thoughts on the Midwest man there are a lot of corn fields!!! I mean lots of corn fields. Who eats all this corn? I’m from New Jersey and we have a lot of farms (contrary to popular belief) and really good corn but geeez!

They said Get an RV it will be fun! They said take the backroads and see America it will be fun!

Some of the roads in Illinois are marked as roads...and they are more like goat paths. You end up driving through endless corn fields on this “road” now in a car its no problem, in a 40 ft MH towing it’s quite the experience! But it was fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Having FUN!!
First of all, good for you

Second, you must like cold weather camping? Dude, it's getting downright cold in those parts this time of year. Bundle up and good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum