Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #3
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
As was pointed out, this has been thoroughly discussed, starting with first of the Vegas/Axis. There have been several who couldn't imagine traveling without a spare wheel and tire, and countless more who have done just fine without.

The extra weight and the tools required to lift the coach and remove a flat are a concern. You might want to have some blocking, too. Yes, that will reduce your carrying and towing capacity.

A tire pressure monitoring system can go a long way toward preventing problems. Many pay for road service for an answer to tire problems. Some just carry a tire, thinking the wheel can be reused, but the tire might take a day or more to get.

My personal choice is to not carry a spare. I do take along a small 110v compressor that can pump up a coach or toad tire.

My previous larger Class A suffered two blowouts, and both were covered by road service. Each time it took about 4 hours and they brought matching tires at the same cost that I paid to replace the rest of the tires. (Those tires were about 5 years old with plenty of tread.)

Your choice here will depend in part on how and where you travel. It's a personal decision.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.