Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 01:22 AM   #7
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodIndy View Post
2015 Vegas 24.1. Don’t like the textured privacy glass on the inside of the entry door. It seems like it’s a separate piece of glass than the smoked glass on the outside. Has anyone removed this? Removed and replaced with clear tempered?
If you'll look carefully you will see that the outer glass is actually clear with black around the perimeter.
The inner glass is the clear obscure so that it allows light to penetrate.

The obscure glass can be fairly easily removed based on my assessment.
There are a couple of plastic clips that help keep it in place. And probably some silicone as well.

Here's the issue once you have added the clear/see-thru glass...
- Because of the screen, it's difficult to add a working and worthwhile shade
- So each time you want to raise or lower the shade to add privacy, you'll need to open the door, go out side, separate the screen from the main door, lower or raise the shade, then go back inside
- Seems like a real hassle to me

Below is a link to another option that has been discussed on this Forum

https://www.campingworld.com/slim-shade-rv-door-window-with-built-in-shade-black-

The downside to this option is what I stated above, as well as the outside will no longer look uniform to the other windows.

Let us know what you decide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum