Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:37 AM   #4
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
large spikes are not the enemy. That is what a surge protector takes care of. In Campgrounds, Low voltage is the enemy. That is what an EMS protects from AND takes care of the spikes at the same time. EMS also protects from worn and miswired outlets. Surge protector does not.

https://rvmentor.com/2019/11/24/ems-...o0_1M3_i4tQ-P0

https://www.technorv.com/articles/do...rge-protector/
If you had both, and at a campground... Is it of any value to be able to plug the Surge Guard 44270 direct to pedestal and plug the Surge Guard 34951 direct to the female end of the 44270?

I am wanting to know if I could protect the EMS for spikes IF it were to occur? Otherwise, I have a Model 44270 that I could no longer use.

FWIW, on my 44270, I plug it in first and unless it is all green, I do NOT connect (had that happened once). But I have made it 1 year and my RV expenses (short of gas) have been a lot less than what I budgeted for, I am thinking about letting Bob buy me one of these things before he buys one of those RVs with Saunas
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.