Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 01:33 AM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
in over 6 years and over 110,000 miles in our diesel pusher we've never used any such device - it's not required, not mandated, not necessary, and generally just a big cost - but if you're 'proud' to have one, then get one. The rest of us don't need one.
Back in February before the Covid restrictions kicked in, we went camping at a RV resort off Lake Tawakoni in Texas. Picked a very nice waterfront site. Took 15 minutes backing in avoiding trees seemingly in the middle of parking space and low hanging limbs everywhere, but I digress.

I get out, level, and go through all of the changes and then decide to plug in, got some error on my 44270 . Called the Park Ranger and they okay'd moving to the the next site because I was able to plug in there and got all green. I never connect the shorecord until I verify but to your point only 1 failure for us in about 1 year.

Today, if there is something that I am proud of is my spending is a lot less than what we thought. i.e. They wanted $7k for warranty, I said then, I would spend $1,500 a year to basically self ensure my RV. My 1st year is up in 3 weeks, I bought the EC-30 and had it installed, bought the Surge Guard 44270, Chassis Disconnect Switch and I got about $800 left

This thread is really about me kind of wanting to buy EMS, but me not wanting to say I no longer need the Surge Guard 44270. If I felt there was some value using both it may be easier decision for me. Remember soon I will have no warranty, but I doubt warranty will cover electrical issues anyway. Surge Guard does offer equipment coverage if your their devices are used.

This is what I would get. Cavie seems high on Low (<102V) and High (>136V) Voltage Protection

I like that it protects in areas that my existing surge guard just indicate. The bluetooth monitor $50 option is bonus.

• LCD Text Display
• Low (<102V) and High (>136V) Voltage Protection
• Low/High Frequency Protection
• Open Ground Protection
• Open Neutral – Line and Load Side
• High Neutral Current Protection
• Elevated Ground Line Current Protection
• Reverse Polarity
• Designed for Outside Use
• 10-Second Startup Delay

* Bluetooth monitor that goes inside RV
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.