Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: license renewal
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #40
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
license renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I believe that you and your wife (by PA Democrat standards) are committing fraud by intentionally deceiving local PA govt and avoiding taxes & fees. Same thing where I live in CA and other Blue states.
They want their $$$$

Now, on the other hand, a Republican state like FL, AZ, or TX is much less likely to enforce the residence law.

I travel for my job..... I spend more time on the road than I do in any one place in a typical year. I’ll even work from the motorhome when I don’t have to travel and be in a different state.

My company allows me to live anywhere in the US near an airport. My W-4 is out of FL where I spend the bulk of my time when I am not on the road or at our home in PA. I also do no actual business in the state of PA.

My wife does / did work in the state of PA. She pays / paid state income tax. I also have a rental property in PA and file a tax return for it and pay accordingly.

My wife has retired a year early as a result of COVID so she will likely now list FL as her legal state of residence.

I bought a home in FL over 10 years ago after the housing crisis. The first thing I did was become a FL resident because PA is such a poorly run state and the nature of my business allowed me to live anywhere.

PA would have a hard time trying to say I was avoiding their taxes. I haven’t done business in PA. I get paid in FL. I vote in FL. I have credit card receipts showing all of the various cities and states I am in at any one time. I’m in FL now as I type this as well.

Now if it was NY, NJ or CA, I could see them sending the dogs after anyone who lived in those states and then started claiming FL, AZ or TX as their residence.

There was a story this week about people from high state taxes starting to leave as the new administration unfolds. There is going to be an avalanche of people doing this very soon so the high tax states will be very busy chasing those people.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum