Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 10:48 PM   #11
Fordste

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Tennessee
THOR #15052
On removing the slide toppers, DONT DO IT! I was having slide out repairs done on my Hurricane 34J when CW broke the bracket on the topper. I had to leave for a trip while parts were on order. We drove through rain for a period of time and the first time I put on the brakes I had a waterfall land on my head while moving due to a huge puddle that formed on the top of the retracted slide. Upon investigating I realized the top of the slide seal is not perfect and water coming off the roof went right behind the slide and ran onto the top.
With the topper this was never an issue. Keep in mind the roof has no gutter system like you see on trailers.
Toad 2 - 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Fordste is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum