Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: license renewal
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 12:47 PM   #47
danl61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think some of you live in the state of confusion. DL and veh are two completely different things and separate offices in separate buildings and separate people every where I have ever lived. How would the DL place know what or how many veh we own? None of these states require you to have DL to purchase or title a veh. I do know some states do reguire a DL to title a veh for some strange reason. In the 3 states I am referencing a 6 month old child could be listed on the title as the legal owner with the parents permission.
We have veh currently registered in NE, TX and MT. They are all insured thru the same agency, the same ins co and on the same policy. The registered owner is different on each, and one of them is a MT LLC. We both still have NE CDL licenses. Never had a single problem or been questioned anywhere by anyone. We maintain residency in NE. YEMV

Bill

I agree mostly, however we lived in MI for 40 years before moving to TN. In MI there is the 'Secretary of State' offices. The offices handled drivers license, vehicle registration/title, voters registration, watercraft registration/title,organ donor registry. However in TN there is the DMV for Drivers license, voters registration and County Clerks Office takes care of the vehicle, watercraft registration, passports etc.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.