Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: license renewal
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #50
danl61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So let me get this straight:

My name is Bill Hates and I have a few dollars to my name.

I own a house in Washington state and keep 2 vehicles there for my personal use.

I also have a house in Texas, Connecticut, and Florida, all of which I keep one or two of my personal vehicles there for personal use. Let's not even get into my house and cars in the Bahamas.

I only have my Washington state drivers license as I can drive anywhere in the US and in most countries around the world with it.

Are you telling me I can't register my Texas, Connecticut and Florida vehicles in the location where they are housed and driven because I have a Washington Drivers License?
And that no insurance company will insure those vehicle where they are housed and driven because I have a Washington state Drivers License?

That sure makes it difficult for me and my friends in similar circumstances to drive legally at our vacation homes with our vacation vehicles.

Signed - Your Friend Bill
To me, someone does not know the laws in every state but are trying to put all 50 of them into one basket. We moved/transferred from MI to TN, upon doing that I did change my DL and vehicle registration since I was employed there and it was required to get a commercial drivers license from TN. When my wife joined me 2 months later she did not change her DL right away but the vehicle registration/plate was due to expire so she did change that. MI drivers license and 2 documents showing you have a residence in TN. I was actual in a RV park monthly and the electric meter was turned on in my name with their address. My wife used her MI drivers license and the cell phone bill and bank account statement with both our names on it. Hence she drove a vehicle titled and registered in TN in her name with a MI drivers license. so your question is very valid. Enjoy your multi state/country life and all those vehicles. lol

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.