Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #20
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I was reading the warranty and I see where if anything is damaged while using the unit it will be replaced at their discretion after you pay for sending all the things that were damaged. I could just see myself removing my air conditioning units, furnace, leveling jacks and shipping them to their office for inspection. To me this is a throwaway warranty. I have the same surge suppressor you bought and now I look at the warranty, makes me wonder. If the unit has a problem and you send it to them to be checked how long before they repair it or send a new unit. Do you continue to camp without anything while waiting for Southwire to replace the unit? I guess warranties aren't what they were before. I will say that I have an old Skill saw with a lifetime warranty. I called the manufacture and they just laughed that I might need a part fixed after 50 years
I think they said "at their discretion" The also reference they may use a repair facility presumably for something like an AC which is not practical to remove to ship just for inspection.

I actually read the warranty BEFORE buying and it was the warranty that made the difference for me to buy the upgraded 34951; in addition to learning about situations of low voltage. Plus I like toys and I already like that really simple to use Wireless Monitor.

Actual warranty related to your concern below...
Southwire reserves the right to review the damaged Surge Guard surge
protector, the damaged equipment, and the site where the damage
occurred. Southwire shall not repair or replace any equipment that has
been discarded before Southwire has had the opportunity to examine it.
All costs of shipping the surge protector and the damaged equipment
to Southwire shall be borne solely by the purchaser. (Southwire will
bear the cost of shipping equipment from Southwire to purchaser). Any
repair or modification of the connected equipment or surge protector
by a facility or entity not authorized by Southwire voids this warranty. If
Southwire determines, in its sole discretion, that it is impractical to ship
the damaged equipment, Southwire may designate, in its sole discretion,
an equipment repair facility to inspect and estimate the cost to repair
such equipment.
The cost, if any, of shipping the equipment to and from
such repair facility and of such estimate shall be borne solely by the
purchaser. Damaged equipment must remain available for inspection
until the claim is finalized. Whenever claims are settled, Southwire
reserves the right to be subrogated under any existing insurance policies
the claimant may have.
I actually had my Southwire ATS go out this summer. I had to go a tad without it; and then I had to take to an Authorized Winnebago Dealer to confirm it was in fact the Transfer Switch. It took them about a week and half to replace.

Lots of sensitive electronics in an RV. It can costs $1,000s quickly trying to troubleshoot if you have licensed electricians. The $400 investment is solid to me given that I didn't see any of the competitors with similar connected equipment.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.