Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 03:07 PM   #15
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
If you look at the flooded life cycle charts you will see that the depth of the discharge and the time the battery is left in the discharged state effects the number of useful cycles. For some reason 400 cycles was chosen as the optimum. To have 400 cycles and still have 75% of the useful battery amperage available when fully charged, the battery can not be discharged below 50% capacity. The less the battery is discharged the greater the number of cycles possible.

For me the problem I find with flooded batteries, as they reach near the end of their useful life, they require a lot of water. My original Harris batteries only need about a cup of water every month during the summer for the first two years. During the third year, I was using about a pint of water every two weeks. I changed to a couple of Walmart's flooded batteries the 4th year and have only add a table spoon of water every other month.

One of the things I like about flooded batteries is that they seem to give plenty of warning that they are about done, AGM batterie seem to work fine until all of a sudden they don’t. I like to have shopping time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum