Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
EarlyRV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Montana
THOR #16625
All Batteries are Dead

I bought my 2018 Vegas 24.1 last year. It came with a year's free storage, so I just had them winterize it and store it last year. We are in Montana, so we do get winter. I only went to start it once through the winter. I intended to do it more, but never got around to it. They dewinterized it and I picked it up and it just worked.

This year, we built out a storage area attached to our driveway. I winterized it using all of the wonderful help on this forum. I left it plugged into shore power believing that it would keep the batteries topped up and I wouldn't need to worry about disconnecting them.

I went out today to give it and the generator a run, but all batteries (house and chassis) are all completely dead. I could use some help troubleshooting. There were two things different this year:
- I left it on shore power
- The Axxera radio was replaced with a newer model under warranty because it wouldn't take the firmware update that allowed the radio to play with the turn signal on, etc.

I only mention the radio, because I read here that the radio can drain both sets of batteries.

When I take it off shore power, everything is completely dead. Nothing when I try to start it. Generator won't start. The 50amp breaker beside the battery was tripped, but I don't know when or if that was part of the problem. I still have no power after resetting it.

Will the chassis batteries now charge (assuming they are still good) after resetting the breaker?

Should I rethink leaving it on shore power?

I really didn't want to dig into the dash to get at the chassis battery, but it looks like I will have to.

Any suggestions and answers would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.