Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 03:30 AM   #58
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Sounds great I'm surprised that these carbs don't hold fuel like a lawnmower. I think you are one of the lucky ones or you use the generator many times a year
I use many times a month It is what the Engineers at Onan said all should. They state the the AGS is the best way to ensure that happens and thus they insist they have significantly fewer issues with customers that own and use a AGS.

I have 9 year old Chinese made Sinemate Portable Generator that use to be a PITA to start. Priming instructions call for pressing that bulb 50 - 70 times Every time there was a storm, by the time I got it started the power would be back on

I finally put Seafoam in the gas on my Portable (Note: Onan told me specifically to never add additives to the gas feeding genset) and cleaned out carb and let it clean it self, it took about 3 hours of sputtered running. Since then I fire it up at least twice a month. I prime the bulb about 5 times and turn the key and it starts right up. I never pull the cord anymore But I always put Seafoam in my gas containers for all of my engines.

Point is you are right, I bet if you start running at least an hour a week, you will no longer need to prime once that carb is flushed clean if it is gummy. The longest my Genset went without starting was when it was with the RV Dealer

BTW, the EC-30 has a Safety feature so even though you may have it in Quiet or Auto mode; if you turn the ignition it automatically turns the AGS off; you must go turn it back on at the controller. This ensure that whenever it is being serviced it is always off unless it is mobile repair who comes to my house and it is on. But I am too cheap for Mobile service
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.