Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #65
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
It happens in forum threads like this. Sometimes the most useful information comes out in the side conversations.

Incidentally, priming by pressing and holding "stop" is shown in the class c Thor video on how to use your thor, but they don't mention that you usually don't need to.
@All

What's makes this really / funny is that no one ever had a question as to how to prime

The question was ask to OP (me) if I ever had to prime and the answer is No!!! In fact, my coach as OEM did not even come with a STOP/PRIME inside the coach.

I do have a STOP/PRIME button on my Aftermarket EC-30 inside RV, and I also have a STOP/PRIME button outside on the Onan 5500 genset (see picture #49). But, I have never had to prime it since buying coach new.

@Cavie,

I think we went down this priming rathole because question was basically being posed if the Automatic Generator could start automatically (by itself) with an assumption being made that it would need to be primed first. If you have perspective that you must prime your genset 20 secs or so before every start; I can see as fair question. But as I have tried to get across, I have never had to prime; so my AGS start and stops all the time whether I am around or not with no problems. In most cases; I am not around because it doing things based on how program.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.