Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 PM   #69
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
@All

What's makes this really / funny is that no one ever had a question as to how to prime

The question was ask to OP (me) if I ever had to prime and the answer is No!!! In fact, my coach as OEM did not even come with a STOP/PRIME inside the coach.

I do have a STOP/PRIME button on my Aftermarket EC-30 inside RV, and I also have a STOP/PRIME button outside on the Onan 5500 genset (see picture #49). But, I have never had to prime it since buying coach new.

@Cavie,

I think we went down this priming rathole because question was basically being posed if the Automatic Generator could start automatically (by itself) with an assumption being made that it would need to be primed first. If you have perspective that you must prime your genset 20 secs or so before every start; I can see as fair question. But as I have tried to get across, I have never had to prime; so my AGS start and stops all the time whether I am around or not with no problems. In most cases; I am not around because it doing things based on how program.
Since you've chosen to attack me ...

This thread is NOT all about you. You created the thread, but others contribute, and their points are just as valid. I'm not talking about ME either. There are others here who have said they do have to prime, making that a very valid question about the AGS. Someone also indicated the lack of a button labeled for priming. That seems to be pretty universally true, as those with the capability appear to use "stop" for that purpose. Pointing out that holding "stop" is how one primes, is also a valid thing to do, given where the thread went.

It's great that you don't have to prime, but this thread, these forums, and the world don't revolve solely around you. Hopefully I won't have to prime either. At this point, I'm just learning how to go about these things, since I don't yet have my RV. (I've many years experience with a variety of trailers though.) Whether I need to or not, I'll find out in the future.

Thanks for finding out and posting about whether or not Surge Guards can be chained. That's good information to know.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum