Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:10 AM   #21
714Greg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon
State: Utah
THOR #20618
I personally believe that extended warranties are not worth the money unless you can't afford a major repair. If I added up all the money on extended warranties that I could have purchased over the years and never needed to use, I have saved enough money to repair anything that might need to be repaired in the future. Since motor homes have a lot of things that can break I debated on getting one this time, but I wondered if they'd find a way not to cover it. I also made the HUGE mistake of taking my new RV to Camping World for a few warranty issues (not my selling dealer just the only dealer in my area to do Thor warranty repairs) there is sits on their parking lot waiting for them to get around to troubleshoot the problem so they can get Thor approval to complete the repair, which sounds like it will take them another week or two to complete the repair after they get Thor approval. I'd probably get it all done quicker if I took it to an Independent RV repair shop and pay cash, I'm glad I didn't spend the money for an extended warranty to where I'm stuck with an "approved" warranty service center, it seems like non warranty work is easier to find "prompt" service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.