Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: New Axis owner
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 02:29 PM   #21
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgher View Post
We took ownership of our 2021 Vegas 24.1 on 11/13/2021. We did our first walk through on 05/22/2021 and noticed the engine light was on. We have been waiting for a back ordered part from Ford all of this time. When we were signing papers the dealer told us there was a recall.
The first trip in my new Vegas was VERY frustrating. We took a two hour drive for our first outing. It took everything in me to keep this RV on the road. I was fussing the whole time. I could not believe a manufacturer would release a product so squirrelly and hard to handle. My back, shoulders, and neck muscles were in knots. It was later explained to me that this is part of the RV driving experience.
Oh but that 7.3 Liter Ford motor is the best thing I've ever driven. Powerful responsive throaty sounding smooth shifting and fast. 'Just perfect '
Other than the handling issue everything about this unit is amazing.
Just hope I have a better experience with highway driving our next time out.

There are many threads on the Forum discussing ways to improve the Vegas/Axis ride on E350 or E450 chassis.

Use the SEARCH function for some or all of the following...
- Alignment
- Helwig Sway Bars
- SUMO Springs
- Steering Stabilizer or Steering Damper
- Air Lift

Every one of these that you add will make a noticeable difference in how your Vegas handles. So it’s up to you to decide when your ride is complete.

Let us know what you decide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.