Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #20
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Follow up....I talked to my local Ford parts guy and his “discounted” price for a new converter is $1645 plus $41 for the O2 sensor. But both are on indefinite back order anyway. I stopped by a local exhaust and muffler store and the gent there said he could fix me up for $400-500 using a universal converter and a new sensor. Since mine was cut aft of the flange connecting it to the header or downpipe they can just weld the old flange on to the new converter and the back side is just ordinary pipe. I think I’m lucky they cut it where they did and made such a neat job of it. If I try to put a cage on the new one they’d just cut it farther out and maybe make more trouble for the future. Maybe I’ll mark the new one with “cut here” instructions for the next time!! My search for a new storage place has not yet been successful. It seems the city has banned new storage lots for boats and RVs. Argh! I’ll have to range farther out. Which might carry its own risks. Still it could have been worse! Now I get to drive across town with an open exhaust. That should be ....fun!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum