Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #32
danl61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
After spending a good chunk of change having a Roadmaster tow package installed on my Thor Axis 24.1, I read that it can be stolen. So, more research told me there is a hitch lock that replaces the pin and clip with a locking device.
That said, I also saw pros and cons, but went ahead and bought a Bulldog brand Hitch lock.
Would like to hear from you smart folks out there what you think, and if you have any other suggestions to thwart thieves.

Just one point of view. We have been camping/RVing since grand parents did it. Although 'it' does not happen often (as a percentage), if 'it' does, 'it' will compete ruin your entire day if not longer, 'it' is theft. Hitches, car dolly's utility trailers etc have all grown legs and walked off never to be seen again. I have actual seen the damage when a prankster decided to remove the hitch pin locking clip and the hitch slide out when traveling. Although locks are just a deterrent, as the old saying goes 'locks are just to keep honesty people from stealing', we use locks wherever we can just to help others not steal my stuff.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.