Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 05:10 PM   #24
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
This thread makes me think of our very 1st experience with Thor / MHSRV. We were determined to buy a Thor Quantum and MHSRV was the only place near Dallas that had them, so we scheduled a trip. After they had just finished crowing about their largest RV Wash and how they check for leaks they dropped us off at the RV. While we looking at the coach for the very 1st time, it started to rain We were literally trapped inside as it rained for what seemed like an hour. We had shore power and AC; so we checked the coach thoroughly. We found 3 leaks 1 2 3 It was brand new at the time!!! It spooked us, but we still wanted a Thor. So we moved on to the ACE 29.3 and found other quality issues that prevented us from buying one of two of those. Even so; I still believed that Thor was for us (maybe I was intrigued with price point But I could call Thor and their Customer Service was always very helpful; and we didn't even own a RV let alone a Thor Then came the push to get the 27B Windsport, we finally found a coach bought it and had cashier check in hand to purchase, but on the day to pick up we could never get past the PDI Dealer would not commit to resolving half the items on list and basically dared us to walk away, which we did. We were fortunate to have had a chance to move on ; but I still like Thor products and would buy one in future if I found one that could pass my quality expectation. I knock on wood because it has been a year this week since we bought the Winnebago and it has been nothing but great (thus far anyway). I have been told many times from Dealers you not gonna find the perfect coach, well we felt we did. I don't subscribe to the theory to buy used to get a fixed RV With that said, I think Thor RV owners in general are more knowledgeable; that is why I never left this site and remain as a SOB.

To OP:

If I were you. I would throw myself on the mercy of Thor. Ask them what is the best they can do to help you with the repairs if you return it to them? You do own some responsibility because you failed to verify no leaks during or before PDI, or within the warranty pretty albeit it a short one (90 days). I would plan to take a trip to Indiana for Service, but I would ask to schedule it after I had made at least 3 more vacation trips to see if I may find some other things identified (warranty or not) that they may repair while it is there. I put stock in the fact that Thor is #1 RV seller for a reason, and it is NOT due to poor Quality

It is your Coach now, not Thor's; do yourself a favor get it fixed; whatever it takes, and keep a good relationship with Thor.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.