Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #60
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
I love my Winnebago Travato - it’s much better built than the two Thor’s I owned, but - to be fair - the class B is a different animal than the Vegas/Axis. I like some if the features in the new Ekco and there are others that I do not like as much as the Axis 24.1 I owned. Just looking at the pictures, I think the living area in the Axis was much more “liveable”. We took ours out for multiple 4 month trips and found that we could live comfortably fir long periods of time. The small living space and no couch in the Ekco does not seem as practical. It’s all in what you want. The garage, solar and 4 wheel drive are great features for shorter trips. Nice to see smaller sized RVs coming onto the market.
I agree that there’s a lot of difference in room and available storage space between any van and an Axis/Vegas. No doubt about it, which is why I’ve felt for a long time there was a market for smaller Class As and Cs that were not much larger in footprint than Bs but offered much more elbow room. I’m glad Winnebago is giving compact C another try, this time with a Euro-style floorplan to provide the bike/gear garage.

The Ekko is listed at around 60 cubic feet of outside storage, which stands out compared to vans. The inside is functionally similar to the 59G Travato, except larger in every way.

Since RV manufacturers copy each other, I hope to see similar units to follow, perhaps starting at lower cost. An Axis/Vegas with similar floorplan would have worked great for us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum