Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #9
galOnTheGo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
my engine battery draining too

my engine battery is draining too. periodically (about every 35 minutes) i hear a click from the very front driver side of the vehicle, under the hood. there is a (solenoid?) there with 3 small wires and two battery cable wires attached to it. the headlights will flash, and the light near the radio turns on. i disconnected the 3 small wires from the (solenoid?) and the clicking has stopped. what is this (solenoid?) and what does it do?

I use the battery disconnect to turn the engine battery off whenever I am not driving, running the engine, and that stops the drain on engine battery.

symptom details: about every 35 minutes the click happens and headlights flashing occurs. headlights just flash on and off once. and that light near the radio, looking at the radio it is top right side, that light stays on for about 9 minutes, then goes out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum