Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:01 PM   #11
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
what does anyone do for a spare tire or just call Roadside?
A several comments on calling roadside service. I have had to use it 4 times over 30 years for various RVs. I have always carried an aired up spare.

How to get the road service to find you. First question from the service is; are you stopped on a safe place off the highway if not call 911. Geo coordinates usually don't work. What the service need is a mile marker or distance and direction from a medium size town, the number of the highway or county road and the direction of travel. The next question will be what kind of vehicle are you driving and do you need a tow truck? When you tell the operator you need a new tire, question will be do you have a serviceable, aired-up spare tire. They need to know if you need a road service vehicle or a tire store truck come to your rescue. Hopefully you will never need a strange size tire over the weekend (like a 245/70-19.5) A couple times the service was unable to find a truck to come out and change a tire even though I was on the shoulder of a US numbered highway. That is when you call the state highway patrol or police and ask who they call for road service in your area. After the service you called has fixed the coach, you can then send the road service bill along with the time you called the road service operator and the name person that was unable to find a service truck you. Both The Hartford and Good Sam have always reimbursed me for the road service charges.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.